52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Butterfly Life (Tim Holtz style) Tag

I'm up early, once again I couldn't sleep with my mind throwing thoughts about, so decided to get up and create.























This tag started off with a background of green, grey and yellow Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I used a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous "Butterfly Melange - THJ002" stamp for the central section of the tag.  I used a music score from the same stamp set in a couple of areas too.

I then used a couple of stamps from the Stampin' Up "Gorgeous Grunge" set to create red and dark grey splatters across the surface of the tag. Using a seaweed/coral stamp from Stampin' Up "By The Tide" set, I stamped at the bottom and on the top left hand side.  I used a Paperartsy "Life" word stamp in that corner too.

Finally, I gently inked red areas, drifting across the tag from edge to edge.  I used black ink to darken the edges of the tag too.

P.S.  The little dome things I've added to the surface, are actually things to put underneath ornament type items to stop them scratching your surfaces.  They're self adhesive and can be purchased very cheaply from hardward stores.  I got mine in Wilko.









2 comments:

  1. Stunning tag, so many interesting layers too. Your domes are genius lol xx

    ReplyDelete